Browne Academy’s Health Services staff helps to improve the health and well-being of children, identify and prevent health problems, ensure care for students and minimize barriers to learning. Health and learning go hand in hand, and a student’s health can be directly related to his or her ability to learn.
Browne Academy has a registered nurse available to provide health care most days that school is in session. We also have staff trained in first aid and medication administration to step in when the nurse is not available.
The school nurse has a multi-faceted role within the school setting, one that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of our students, while supporting the academic success of the student population.
School health services include:
- Providing acute, chronic, and emergency care for illness and injury
- Preventing, monitoring, and controlling the spread of communicable disease and health problems
- Promoting a safe school facility and school environment
- Acting as a liaison between school personnel, family, health care professionals, and the community
- Promoting the general health, safety, and wellness of all students and staff at Browne Academy