Work at BSC
Browne Summer Camp is an American Camp Association (ACA) accredited coed day camp for ages 3-13. Located on a beautiful 11-acre campus in Alexandria, Virginia, we offer daily swimming, sports, and arts activities. We are looking for enthusiastic and qualified applicants to join the BSC family. Browne Summer Camp makes a conscious decision to hire and develop staff who will provide love and support to every camper.
2017 Browne Summer Camp, Available Positions:
Below are a list of positions that we are currently recruiting. Please send a cover letter and resume to AUXILIARY@browneacademy.org for consideration.
Browne Summer Camp June 19, 2017 - August 11, 2017
Mandatory Staff Orientation: June 10, and 17, 8 am - 4 pm
Browne Summer Camp Counselor
- Assume responsibility for the general health and welfare of campers
- Assume responsibility for leadership and guidance of campers
- Assume responsibility for interpreting the rules and policies of the camp to the campers
- Serve as a role model by exercising sound judgment in the areas of: appropriate language, appearance, attitude, and team work
- Communicate frequently and appropriately with the CampAdministration and parents
- Plan and implement innovative counselor activities, and submit weekly curriculum to the Camp Administration
- Perform all tasks and follow all rules and regulations disseminated by the CampAdministration
- Have complete understanding and compliance with all policies set forth in Staff Handbook
- Attend all Specialist activities
- Be on time every day
- Take pride in and care for camp facilities
- Know all of your campers personally
- Work with the CITs in a positive and professional manner
- Attend Orientation Program and Staff Meetings
- Record attendance daily
- Smile, have fun, and enjoy your campers!!!
BSC is hiring a Nature/Science Specialist. We are looking for someone with a strong background in teaching children ages 3-13, and in planning and leading interactive lesson plans. The Nature/Science Specialist is responsible for encouraging and promoting awareness and appreciation of the camp environment and the natural world. The Specialist is expected to instruct and coordinate the Nature/Science program in accordance with BSC procedures, encourage camper participation, engage campers in a variety of creative nature activities, and to incorporate camper ideas and interests into activity planning and implementation.