The interscholastic athletic program at Browne Academy will provide participating athletes with the opportunity to increase their knowledge and skills of the sport of their choice; learn to compete fairly; increase their level of physical fitness; embrace teamwork and foster school spirit.
All student-athletes and parents sign the following Code of Conduct before participating in the Inter-scholastic program.
Browne Academy's Athletic Code of Conduct
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by being a positive role model. (Remember that the best way to teach sportsmanship is by example)
- I will try my best to make athletics a positive experience for everyone involved by treating other players, coaches, officials, and fans with respect.
- I will remember that, at this level, the focus is on the experience of participating on a team and developing my skills. (This is not a “win at all costs” program.)
ABC Athletic League
Browne Academy is a member of the ABC Athletic League of Greater Washington. The league is made up of the following schools:
- Alexandria Country Day School
- Browne Academy
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School
- Capitol Hill Day School
- Green Hedges School
- Gesher Jewish Day School
- Merritt Academy
The interscholastic athletic program is held after-school from approximately 3:30-5:30 p.m. The 7th/8th grade sports teams typically practice and hold games on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the 5th/6th grade sports teams typically practice and hold games on Mondays and Wednesdays.